Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

me a foodi

As I promissed you in my previous post "me get readi", here are some pictures of the amazing Tasting Menu at Beckta!
Prawn cocktail seviche, vanilla bean custard and powdered shrimp sauce.

Halibut cake served on a herb polenta topped with goat cheese and relish.


House made fetuccini drizzled in truffle oil, served with crispy arrugula and marel mushrooms and topped with 5yr old provolone.


Raspberry and rhubarb shorbet serves with elderberry sparkling water.


Duck breast with mushrroms, tart grape jel and asperagus puré.


Strawberry and lemon mousse cake with lemon sorbet served over vanilla bean and strawberry sauce with strawberry crisps.


Strawberry glaze on a white cake and apple puffs.

I hope I have just made you hungry!

There is an option to do a wine pairing with this menu, it's well worth the extra price. Your palent gets sent on a tastebud adventure. It's amazing to feel the changes of flavour when you pair the right wine with the right ingredients. The staff are very knowledgeable with the food and the wine, and will take the time to explain something if you have questions. I appreciated that very much.

Until the next amazing meal...

No comments:

Post a Comment