Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Happi belated K. Lagerfeld


On September 10th, we forgot to wish Karl Lagerfeld a happi birthday! Even though he hates them.


Hello my prittis, sorri for not posting in a while, I have been busy with work and not feeling myself lately. The good news is that I am back! And what better way to cheer myself up than blogging about Fashion History, just in time for NYC fashion week!


While I have been researching Karl Lagerfeld, it looks like there is some type of taboo about his age and his actual date of birth. It's either 1938 or 1933... but honestly, does it matter? This man is a genious and holds so much responsibility to keep us hungry for Chanel and Fendi. He is afterall the chief designer for over 25 years (at Chanel)!


Mr. Lagerfel is known for his silver slick back pony tail and dark glasses. He always wears a long black rench coat and looks super serious.


It is thanks to this German designer, who discovered Claudia Schiffer in 1990 and designed collections for Chloé, Fendi and much more.


In 2004, H&M featured a collection designed by Lagerfeld. I also remember seing a runway show done by him on the great wall of China, on Fashion Tlevision!


He is one of few original fashion icons that are left and he is not getting any younger. I wonder to whom he will pass along his fashion wisdom ? I am putting money on Marc Jacobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment