Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

me a foodi 4

Let's get creative!

My new routine this summer has been to experiment with my garden vegetables and herbs. I just love whipping up a meal and using the fruits of my labour to make my meal delicious!

I present to you my home made, invented in my kitchen, amazingly delicious...

Zucchini tarragon cranberry cake

It's basically the recipe for banana bread/cake but you replace the banana with 2 regular sized grated zucchini.
Here are some of the ingredients I put together:
  • Zucchini (2 regular size grated)
  • Tarragon (4 sprigs finely chopped)
  • Rosemary (2 sprigs finely chopped)
  • Cinnamon (2 tea spoons)
  • Dried cranberries (1 cup)
Then your regular ingredients...
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 table spoons of melted butter
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tea spoon of vanilla
  • 1 table spoon of baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 cups of whole wheat flour
I love this recipe, I alter it all the time depending on what I have. I guess I could have added almonds and figs. Maybe I will just keep that as a separate banana cake twist :)

Do you have any quick baking tips of recipes to share? Are you bold enough to change ingredients like I do?

A side note on tarragon: I recently discovered this herb and noticed that it had a very sweet and cinnamon essence to it when I cooked it with chicken. The dish almost smelt like it should have tasted sweet. I decided I would try it in a savory desert, and it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment