Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

me a foodi 3


Hello my prittis.
I wanted to show you what I have been up to in my garden and food making science project.
Basically we have about 5 hot pepper plants growing; cherry bomb, banana pepper, red chilly pepper, jalapeno... WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL THIS HEAT???

I made a hot pepper oil... and I am so proud out it!
Improvisation is my favorite in the kitchen:
  • garlic cloves
  • hot peppers cut up with seeds
  • bay leaves
  • olive oil
  • black pepper corns
  • salt
The best part is that this oil serves as a double duty:
  1. Deliciously flavored spicy oil, for salads or bread dipping
  2. Marinated and flavored hot peppers
I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. nice one!
    i just had the most delicious red pepper oil and I added chili flakes to it and used it as a bread dipping oil, it was sooo good!
    can't wait to hear how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete