Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

me like pastry

On my last voyage to NYC, I went on a quest, a journey. I was, in search, for the best red velvet cake this concrete jungle had to offer!

I will tell this story with pictures- how else can I make you drool?

We got these cupcakes from Magnolia on Bleeker Street it was worth the wait! Although I am not eating the red velvet cupcake in this picture, I sure did have anothet serving later ;P

These cupcakes were made from a store bought package. They were still good, but not the taste I was looking for...
I tried the red velvet cupcake from Crumbs Bake Shop. It was very tasty, but too sweet from what I recall. Also the portions are really too big for a snack.

Alas! I found my one true love! The best cupcake I found was in a small little shed in SOHO. See that little red cabin behind me in the picture? That's the one! Perfect crumb, perfect taste, perfect moisture, perfect frosting. I wish I had the name and the address of this place. Basically he serves coffee, tea and snacks. This a series of pictures of me trying the cupcake...

And last but not least, my wedding cake.... it was half red velvet and half lemon poppyseed! I kept the top layer for our anniversary... it's RED VELVET!!!


I have tried the Starbucks red velvet cupcake too... let me save you $4. It was gross!! Not fresh and had a strange taste to it. Don't be fooled by it's good looks!


Note: Do not try this experiment at home. This may cause useless money being spent, diabetes, obesity and may stain your hands red.

No comments:

Post a Comment